Monday, August 9, 2010

Shark bait

Moments after my last post, I went outside to test the fan clutch on the M6. I was joined by stalwart BMW enthusiasts Adam and Keith. I started the M6 and attempted to test the fan clutch utilizing a rolled up newspaper. Adam alerted me to the fact that the viscous coupling would not work until the engine was sufficiently heated up to operating temperature.

Keith had never driven the Shark so I suggested that he take it around the block to warm it up. His idea of "around the block" is apparently different from most peoples. Adam and I waited outside in the hot sun for quite a while, until we realized that no matter where he went, he should be back at this point. We hopped into Adam's X3 and began the BMW reclamation mission. A couple miles away we spot Keith... WALKING. This can't be good....

To be continued....

No comments: