Monday, April 27, 2009

Next job...

I'm out of town right at this point, but I have some work to do this weekend when I get home.
Now, car has been having issues with the driveshaft pretty much the whole time I've owned it. I've been putting it off forever, well, it's getting to the point where I can't put it off anymore.
I did a dyno run last year, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NUJ4umdIiI) and even then it was a bit of a problem. A couple months ago, I had the catalytic converter replaced, and while I was under there, I checked out the driveshaft. The driveshaft looked fine, but the guibo was TOAST. So, it's pretty much been a ticking time bomb for the past few months. Last week, it gave up the ghost. I took it out for an extended ride, then parked it in front of the house. The car was acting fine. When I went out to get a soda a few hours later, the driveshaft started banging against the tunnel that it runs through to the back of the car. Shook the whole car!! I ordered parts, but they have been on backorder for a couple weeks now. I gave up and ordered from another company, because I need the car up and running NOW! So, this weekend, I'll be replacing the guibo, and the center support bearing on the driveshaft. Pics to follow.

No comments: